From today’s Daily Kabbalah Tune Up email:
Just as you are certain that your life will be filled with abundance in the future, appreciate what you have right now.
Focus on five things you are grateful for today.
During this hectic time in my life (a story for another day), I’m finding it tough to just stop and smell the flowers. It’s a real pity seeing as we’re at the start of what promises to be a glorious spring. Just today, the petals from the blossoms of the cherry blossom trees began drifting to the ground beneath them, ironically mimicking the snow falls of a few months prior.
So today’s reminder was timely indeed — and now I find myself blogging again after a long, dry hiatus — miracles truly never cease.
So then, what am I grateful for — right here in this precise minute? In no particular order:
- My insatiable curiosity for knowledge and the intelligence to process and integrate it.
- For my current career, web creation. Not only does it satisfy my technical brain needs, but it fuels and drives my creativity. I get to work with colour! And design! A far cry from my first 10 years in IT where I programmed investment bank back office transactions in a dry, old mainframe language. Don’t get me wrong, I am deeply grateful for my dry, old mainframe days; heck, it enabled me to move from South Africa to the UK and finally to the USA. But the work I am doing now, speaks to my soul, in a way the early days never did. What more could one ask for?
- A wonderfully understanding, supportive and loving husband! Saturday we celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary and words cannot describe how grateful I am to have him along with me on the strange journey we call life.
- Friends and family, old and new, near and far. I am especially grateful to my longstanding friends who have seen me through 2 country moves, a divorce and numerous other stressful life events. Thank you for sticking with me, even though you are so far away. You’re always near in my heart.
- I am eternally thankful to have found my connection to spirit. Many seek, few truly find the way. I found it through Reiki. I am not always connected every minute of every day, but I how how it feels and I know how to get there. I just need a reminder and a nudge every now and then to go to where I need and want to be – my spirit home.
So there you have it, my “Grateful For” list. What are YOU grateful for today?